Board of Directors
Pinewood is governed at the highest level by the Board of Directors which operates according to a set of Bylaws of the Pinewood Corporation, originally approved in 1999 and recently updated and re-approved in 2016. The Board of Directors is composed of the following nine members: four elected parent members, three appointed members, the U.S. Consul General and one faculty representative. The Board elects a President, Vice President and Treasurer from amongst its members, excluding the U.S. Consul General and Faculty Representative, in the first Board meeting after elections each year.
The officers and members of the Board of Directors for the academic year 2016-2017 are:
- Ms. Maria Kling, President
- Mr. Nikolaos Margaropoulos, Vice President
- Mr. Jimmy Giatas, Treasurer
- Ms. Rebecca Fong, Consul General of the United States, Thessaloniki
- Ms. Annie Michaelides, Appointed Member
- Mr. Athanassios Chrysoulas, Member-at-Large
- Mr. Todor Dimitrov, Member-at-Large
- Ms. Cathy van der Ha, Member-at-Large
- Ms. Monica Varsakopoulos, Faculty Representative
The school board meets each month when school is in session (September to June) on the second Tuesday of each month at 6:00 p.m. in the school's Conference Room. The exact dates are listed on the Pinewood Calendar of Events and all members of the Pinewood Corporation are invited to attend.Standard items on all monthly meeting agendas include:
Review of Minutes from previous meeting
*Copies of existing board policies and approved minutes from all open meetings are available upon request in the Director's Office.